Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First cook on the Egg NEWB here!

fasst1fasst1 Posts: 7

I have BBQ'd for many years but on my offset smoker.  I just got my Large Green Egg last week and last night was the first use.  This is the best present ever from my wife.

I am 14 hours in on two 7.5lb Costco butts.  I am at 190 degrees and I cant wait to wrap to try them.  I used that Italian dressing injection with yellow mustard and rub on the outside.

I was a little nervous but preparation will actually help calm all of that nervous energy. 

Thank you everyone for all of your posts.  It has helped me today.

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,860
    Welcome aboard. Why are you wrapping them? Pull them off and eat them. They look great.
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome aboard !

Boerne, TX

• welcome to the zoo. 
    Butts look great! Thanks for sharing.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Looks good, welcome.
  • Hellz yea! Congrats on owning the best BBQ device ever created and congrats on an awesome wife!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 10,580
    Greetings-and like the rest of us-go easy on the Kool-Aid. It can be habit-forming and a life-style changer should you be so inclined...
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood
  • Thanks everyone. I had to wrap them because I brought them to Christmas dinner at the families house.
  • Way to go! Great job!
  • nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 180
    Congrats on the new Egg and great wife.  Those butts look great.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • Great Job!  Congrats on the new Egg!