Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rusty Daisy Wheel

I live on the beach. Everything on my Egg that isn't ceramic rusts. Very quickly. I have just replaced the bands,mates, and nest (again).

The Daisey wheel is quite rusted as well. I am wondering if it could be cured. Similar to a cast iron skillet to help prevent rust. Has anyone ever tried this?

The old girl looks so good with all her new clothes (new gasket too), I just hate to cap her off with this rusty bonnet.

Thanks,

Robert

·

Comments

• Sure. Just spray it with a little oil or Pam and put it in a warm egg. It will season right up.

·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 155
    I used my grill brush to sand it down a little,  add some olive oil and start cooking.  Once done cooking i replace the ceramic cap wipe of the access oil and place inside my egg.  Works good for me.
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Replacing the hardware every few years is probably cheaper than buying one of these:  http://www.kamadojoe.com/projoe.html

·
  • Check this out. I live at the beach too and encountered the same problem. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1136806/rejuvenated-daisy-wheel#latest

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • I just had to re-do mine, left it out in the rain and it rusted pretty good. I scrubbed it with a brillow pad, rubbed it with Crisco, and tossed in the oven for a couple of hours, looks good as new
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Thanks to all. It's oiled, It's cooked, It's clean, It's beautiful.
    ·