Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Kristi - shamelessly stealing your ABT pizza idea

BigGreenBamaGrillerBigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 496
edited December 2012 in Baking
Just browsed your site and saw the article on the jalapeno popper pizza. This will definitely be dinner tomorrow night. Will report back on finished product.

Thanks
Birmingham, AL
XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
·

Comments

• Ok, as promised. ABT pizza:

Cream cheese/goat cheese/cheddar & monterey jack cheese/garlic & green onion "sauce"
    pancetta, ground kolbassi and sliced jalapenos for toppings.

Delicious!

imageimage
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,642
    Looks delicious. I bookmarked kristis post when she posted it. Forgot until now. Will cook it this week. Thanks for reminding me.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • That looks awesome!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Wow!  That looks awesome! :-bd   Thank you for letting me know!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • I can spot whole wheat dough from across a large room.  My ancestors are cringing at the thought.  You may as well eat wheat crackers.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Funny Sam. It's only about 20% whole wheat. So guess I'm only blaspheming by a little...
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • Hey Bama,

I am a pizza purist from the old days.  No chicken, broccoli, bbq sauce, etc on my pies.  Pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, anchovies, basil, onions and garlic are my favorites.  Fresh basil and arugula work too. 

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    SamFerrise.... Pizza is just a platform for assembling flavor's. There are no purist. There are just those that have a different tastes. It's just a form of bread that you pile your favorite tasting things on top of. Peter Reinhart even puts cheddar cheese on his pizza sometimes.
    ·