Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adjustable rig or woo?

I figure the adjustable rig will give the most flexibility, but is it worth the extra $?

Also, will the BGE large pizza stone fit in the spider/pswoo3?

Auburn, AL
·

Comments

• brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
    After reading up on the ceramic grill site, I think I am going to get the PSWoo3 and grill extender since I already own a plate setter and another grid.

Any opinions on this or suggestions?

Auburn, AL
    ·
  • I'm a HUGE fan of my adjustable rig, but I bought it instead of the PPS, not in addition to. I think you'll find a good way to use anything you get. You can never have too many god pizza stones...

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • brownbw said:
    After reading up on the ceramic grill site, I think I am going to get the PSWoo3 and grill extender since I already own a plate setter and another grid.

Any opinions on this or suggestions?

Where did you find the grid extender?  I searched all over the CGS website and couldn't find it.  I'm in the same boat as you, and will probably go with the PSWoo3 as well.
    ·
  • I've been waiting for the new rig extender and I noticed it's on the CGS website as of yesterday.  I received an AR Oval Grid Combo for Christmas.  I'll get the rig extender when I can get away with it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
    Auburn, AL
    ·
  • Maybe @tjv can chime in and let us know. If it does, I'll be making a purchase.
    ·
  • I guess it depends on how much of a fiddler you are.  I love the rig and the nearly endless combinations that I get from it.  But if all you are looking to do is raise the grid and utilize the plate setter while doing so go for it. I don't believe the rig extender fits the woo but that's just a guess on my part.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    I learned something today, do the "@tjv" thing and you get an email letting you know something is up, very nice function. 

The new rig extender and Sliding D Grid are only for the large adjustable rig.  At one time we offered a Woo3 extender but quit offering it because our fabricator jacked the price.  Once we get past the holidays and settled into a rig extender pattern, I'll look at a similar set up for the Woo.   
    Tom

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Ordered the adjustable rig with extender and sliding D grid this weekend! Selling point was the R and B combo. Really think the oval stone is a great tool. Nothing wrong with having lots of options!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·