Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How to achieve raised direct?

Newbie here
Can someone tell me how to achieve "raised direct" cooking that I read about here.
I just got my baby, I mean egg so I'm learning a lot. My sweet hubby got me the Large egg, and the plate setter for Christmas, but those are the only pieces I have. I already have my eye on some more pieces but those will probably go on my wish list for now. That being said - an accessory recommendation for raised direct would be great, but if there is way to achieve this without a large purchase right now it would be helpful.
A few of you suggested basics like kabobs or burgers for my first cook and a lot what I see calls for raised direct. I was hoping to not have to wait for an accessory before I use my egg.

Thank you!
-Carrie

Comments