Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OVEN Pork Butt.. Ask me why

The XL egg is frozen solid, that's why. 

We had a hard freeze here in Dallas this past week. Lots of rain and snow and ice. I picked up a 13 pounder yesterday, walked outside a few minutes ago to crank the egg, and the damn lid is closed solid.

I tired using a butter knife to pry the gasket - no luck.

I tried to light the coal from beneath, even used my wife's hair dryer to help stoke - no luck.

My family will be here tomorrow at noon, so I either need a quick fix to get the egg open, or off to the oven she goes.

Any help or pointers on the over route would be helpful. I figure the oven route would be similar to the egg.. in a large turkey pan, v-rack, and cider in the bottom, 300 degrees should have me at 190 by noon. 

Thanks guys. 

Jason 

Comments