Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woking in a Winter Wonderland

Got a wok and a spider for my large for Christmas/my birthday (12/26), with other accessories and books.

After seasoning my wok, I wanted to try the Szechuan beef that was posted a few days ago. The only thing I did differently was add some noodles.

I gotta tell you, I am very happy with how my first try at woking went. I am very excited to try new things and continuing to learn.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Seasoning with scallions and ginger

Getting ready to start

Quick playing because we have to run to a Christmas party.

Comments

• Nice start !!!!!  There's a whole new world opening up for you.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• I can't wait. Wok is on the way. I really needed this change of pace to keep me moving forward with fun cooks.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • All time best combo, Szechuan beef and green bean - your noodle mix looks great. 
    Cook and steam some beans, set aside, do your beef, throw the beans and sauce back in... Szechuan is my favorite. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Thanks! I will have to try the beans and beef combo. Sounds great.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  
    :D

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• You're off to a great start.  The wok has been the best purchase I've made.  
    Must admit that I'm at a point where I need more recipes.  Did not receive either of Grace Young's books for Christmas even though I blatantly and un-apologetically put a friendly reminder that iCloud'ed its way onto every apple product in my home for 3 weeks starting at Thanksgiving.  Of course I got some wonderful clothes (I know I need to look good, but . . .)  and I enjoy receiving them as much as any kid would  :)  But I digress.  Will look forward to your future cooks!