Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a Friend

Options
I got a text message from my cousins husband the other day, " I'm an egghead now". When I got my egg my cousin said "I'll have to get Joe one of those for Christmas". So when I got the text I thought she wasn't kidding, well went to see them today and it turns out a friend of their's from Chicago bought it for them. WHAT A FRIEND !! An XL in a nest with table mates. They went and bought some accessories also so i don't know who bought what but he ended up with a platesetter, rib rack ,pizza stone, pizza pee land lots of starter sticks. I gave him this website address to visit and learn. Still what a friend !
Ova B.
Fulton MO

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Wow! Does your cousin's friend need more friends? If so, where do I sign up? :D That's very generous and I gotta think your cousin & her husband are good friends to deserve it.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Now, that's over-the-top...is there a back-story...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    With friends like that, who needs a job? :D
    I don't know the guy but they say he is from Chicago, he bought some land that her brother had to hunt on. Joe I guess has done a few things for him like plant food plots and such. The guy bought an egg a while back, took a cooking class on it. After I bought mine, he was down for a visit and she said something about getting Joe one for Christmas, he told her not to that he would take care of it! And he did, and R2 if he needs any more friends you'll have to wait behind me !
     I have heard stories of paying it forward but wow !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO