Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pig Candy

Ummm......yes Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Keeping it Weird in the ATX
2 Large BGE
1 MiniMax BGE
1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling

Comments

• OK, I'll bite - is that cracklin'?
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 24,596
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say two of the ingredients are pig and sugar.  Or that's a bowl of chopped candied dates that pigs like to eat... ;)

• I thought it was General Tso's Chicken.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,738
    Mmmm, interesting variation of pig candy you have there! Looks like you cubed some of that pork belly or homemade bacon of yours for your pig candy? Looks tasty!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 24,596
    Lardons and Steen's cain syrup?!  What R they?! The suspense is killing me faster than if I just ate them!!!!

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,482
    Looks good Cen-Tex!  That was one of my first cooks on the egg.  The pig candy turned out great, but I can't say as much for my wife's favorite cookie sheet that I failed to foil line!

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/pigcandy.htm

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,633
    Love me some pig candy. Looks great.
  • Yep. Homemade bacon and brown sugar. 350 for 30 minutes. I would probably go 250 for a couple of hours next time but it was awesome.
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • Before: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 2,036
    Ok, I know this is old, but was doing some Pig Candy searches..bump @The Cen-Tex Smoker ...can you elaborate a bit, thanks in advance
    Visalia, Ca