Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a good corn recipe

Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got some fresh corn from a local farm stand and I am looking for a good way to make corn. I have made corn in my old gasser by just peeling back the husk and putting in some butter and then placing it on the grill. I am now thinking of doing the same but now adding some Dizzy Pig Raging River or even some Tsunami Spin. Any help would be appreaciated.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Retired RailRoader, don't know why you need help. That sounds like a super plan. I soak my husks in ice water before putting them on. Not sure it really helps but it makes me think it does.

• Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Retired RailRoader,
    I've seen a lot of things to put on corn after it's cooked like chile powder, mayonnaise, and parmigano cheese, etc. The only different way I've seen to actually cook corn on the cobb is to soak for about 30 mins., peel the corn husk back, wrap a piece of bacon around the cobb, tie with butchers string and grill. This was a Paula Deen thing and it got great reviews. It sounds good anyway.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Retired RailRoader,[p]Here's one of our favorite ways:[p]2 Tbs butter (Yes, use butter!)
    1 TBS Ancho Chili Powder (Pure, *not* a blend. Check Label!)
    Juice of one large lime.[p]Melt the butter and wisk in chili powder and lime juice. Taste and adjust chili and lime to taste. Set aside. Remove husks and silk from corn. Brush butter mixture on to the corn and wrap in foil. Let it sit for about an hour. Direct grill over medium high heat, turning every 5 minutes or so. Check at 15 minutes to see if there is browning on the kernels. If so, it's done. The more browning the better, but don't go overboard or the corn will be tough. It will taste very much like a tortilla chip. After 50+ years of boilig corn, this is now how we do our corn. Give it a try... :-)[p]I will be doing a batch later today and will try to remember to post pictures..

• Retired RailRoader,
    Try soaking the unshucked ears in Cajun seasoning and saltwater for an hour or so. Then just throw the ears on and a piece of smoking wood at about 300. Cook on a grid extender and rotate the ears at 30 min and call them done in an hour. Adjust cooking time to your preferred taste on next batch. You'll be amazed at how the silks come right off and the ears are really moist. Good luck.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Retired RailRoader,
    I just had some Raging River corn on the cob last night. I really like it.[p]Mike