Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost done with my first table

Options
tomiogun
tomiogun Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in EGG Table Forum
...not that I plan on building several of these...

I've had my egg for a couple of years now and although the nest is great, I've wanted a table for it ever since I got it. I started experimenting with a little bit of woodworking a few months ago and decided to start the project. I viewed plans of the nakedwhiz table as well as the standard table plan on the BGE website and modified them slightly.
I initially wanted to choose lumber that was better suited to being outdoors but with this being my first major woodworking project, I decided to go with pine so I could make mistakes and not feel the pressure of increasing costs etc. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out so far. I still need to do some small finishing/cleaning touches here and there, add electrical for the stoker and lighting for the top and the bottom shelf and some compartments in the drawer for storing grilling tools.

The top is made from mosaic slate tile and the grout and tile have been sealed. I don't plan on using it as a prep surface - I'll use a large cutting board I'll take in and out of the house.

Its been fun building it so far and I'm already coming up with design ideas to use if I build another one in the future. I'll post some more pictures once I get the lighting done and the egg placed inside

imageimage

Comments