Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanksgiving Prime Rib

Started out with a 9.5 four bone Prime Rib

Separated the bones from the meat, put slivers garlic bottom and top.
Then the rosemary and tied it all together.
imageimage

Made a past of 2-c Black pepper, 2-c Garlic salt, and 2-c water and covered the Prime Rib then stuck in the heat probe
Put it on the Egg @325* indirect for 3+hrs. to a internal Temp. 128* then rested it for 30-min.

After the rest separate and carve

Prime Rib, green beans, salad, mashed potatoes, carrots, and lasagna. Four different pies

Every one had a great meal! I've cooked my Prime Ribs this way for ten years and that's the way they want it.

Thanks for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• I had a spelling error it should say Christmas Prime Rib Ross
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Ross you are one of the best at putting the story out there. Thanks and nice cook.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Thanks Micky Ross
    ·
  • That looks awesome! Was it rare or medium at that temp? (128 and sits, so prob 135 final?) Also, does it matter which side is up? Then what did you do with the bones if anything? Sorry for the elementary questions but $150 for a chunk of beef I want to do it right! Thanks much
    ·