Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does Outside Temp Matter?

Does anyone else fund that the egg burns more lump when it is cold out? By cold I mean snowy winters. Not you Floridians that bundle up in winter coats when the mercury hits 60.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• Took the Medium to the in-laws for Christmas in the Washington DC area. Used 3/4 bag of Wicked Good during 3 cooks (Two Butts, Chili, and Prime Rib).  Temps were between 30-40 all three days.  I definitely felt the Egg used more lump, even if only in the beginning of the cooks. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• for sure. It takes a lot more fuel to heat frigid air and keep your ceramic warm. No doubt it takes more in the cold
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • -12 up here in Northern Ontario...I use twice as much fuel as in the summer...but its still worth it ! :)
    Happy new Year fellow Eggers
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Someone needs to invent and market a BGE coozie and heat exchanger so y'all poor northerners don't deforest the planet running your BGEs in arctic temps.
    Could be a federally funded climate control/impact study with this one :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.