Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My BGE Table- Finally Complete

As we are in a blizzard (literally) today here in Indianapolis, it was a good time to post a picture of my BGE Egg Table/ Kitchen.  The top is an 8' long by 4' wide piece of Indiana limestone.  The Egg is literally suspended between the limestone and I have plenty of drawers and cabinets for my tools, plate setter, etc.  Although hard to see, the post contains a light to help cook in the Midwest winters.  The best addition is the Florida Gators handle that I received for XMas yesterday.

Happy Egging!
photo-30.JPG 152.9K
photo-31.JPG 152.9K
photo-33.JPG 548.3K

• gpsegggpsegg Posts: 375
    Very nice......and GO GATORS!
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,209
    Very nice - great view/back yard.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,970
    I guess it's ok if you're into awesomeness...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thanks everyone.  It's been good to me so far :)
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501

Gator wondering if you could share the cost of that top.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• The whole table was part of a bigger back yard renovation. I think the top was around 800
  • Very Nice !  can never have enough work space and storage! ^:)^
  • tays44tays44 Posts: 93
    - EAT BEEF -
  • Where did you get your handle? I would love to get a tennessee one no offense.
  • amhobbs said:
    Where did you get your handle? I would love to get a tennessee one no offense.
    No offense taken, especially after the last few years y'all have had...

I got it from a guy up in Canada whose had his products posted on the forum.  He was very easy to work with and very reliable. His name is Danny and their e-mail is danlin@

Good luck and go SEC!!

• Nice looking table!  That's the first I've ever seen of an egg suspended like that.
    I'm no scientist but I'm hoping you won't have any cracking issues with the egg slightly expanding when heated while tight against the top???
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Nice table but I agree with Choke's comments above. Most tables leave 1/8 to 1/4 inch between the BGE & table for expansion during times of heating...I hope all is good with that design.
  • Beauty!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• So far so good because the egg is suspended by the lip so it really has plenty of roo, to expand all the way around. Have had it going for low and slow and up to 700 degrees with no problems.
  • bvdwbvdw Posts: 37
    Go GATORS!!