Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What Did I do wrong? Help Dome adjustment not centered

edited 3:20AM in EggHead Forum
Ok, Just put back on my band on the dome and I cant get the damn thing to align up with the bottom. I tighten down the hinge bolts till the bars they are on started to bend, and yes I have the dome alinged perfect where the tits on the band aligned up wth the holes that they go in on the top and bottom . what am I doing wrong?
I did how ever tighten up the BOTTOM bolts by the springs in the back of the band with the top open will this make a difference? should I take apppart the whole thing and start over ? can it be aligned by adjustment? H E L P ! [p] Dave in Spring Hill Fla.

·

Comments

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    DISH,
    If you still have misalignment try this; With dome down, loosen band bolts to relax the bands- top and bottom. Align dome over base and press down on dome to hold. Check bands to make sure they are good position around rims. With a free hand, tighten band bolts alternately a little at a time- quarter turn bottom, quarter turn top, ect. untill the bands are tight. If the dome is a little off center of the base by 3/16 of an inch your still good.
    Clay

·
  • Same problem here top is off by an 1/8 of an inch in the front and back going to raise the bottom band and see if that works.

·
  • metaltech said:
    Same problem here top is off by an 1/8 of an inch in the front and back going to raise the bottom band and see if that works.

I posted a "how to" a couple of days ago on here with pics if you need it.

·