Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What Did I do wrong? Help Dome adjustment not centered

edited 8:21PM in EggHead Forum
Ok, Just put back on my band on the dome and I cant get the damn thing to align up with the bottom. I tighten down the hinge bolts till the bars they are on started to bend, and yes I have the dome alinged perfect where the tits on the band aligned up wth the holes that they go in on the top and bottom . what am I doing wrong?
I did how ever tighten up the BOTTOM bolts by the springs in the back of the band with the top open will this make a difference? should I take apppart the whole thing and start over ? can it be aligned by adjustment? H E L P ! [p] Dave in Spring Hill Fla.

Comments

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    DISH,
    If you still have misalignment try this; With dome down, loosen band bolts to relax the bands- top and bottom. Align dome over base and press down on dome to hold. Check bands to make sure they are good position around rims. With a free hand, tighten band bolts alternately a little at a time- quarter turn bottom, quarter turn top, ect. untill the bands are tight. If the dome is a little off center of the base by 3/16 of an inch your still good.
    Clay

• Same problem here top is off by an 1/8 of an inch in the front and back going to raise the bottom band and see if that works.

• metaltech said:
    Same problem here top is off by an 1/8 of an inch in the front and back going to raise the bottom band and see if that works.

I posted a "how to" a couple of days ago on here with pics if you need it.