Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pre fired pizza dough

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I gave the pizza dough a quick bake before I laid on the toppings to get a crisper crust. Seemed to work. Definitely crunchy. The dough was made without oil to encouage a cracker like crust. I'm making my own dough from scratch. Still needs some tweeking to get where I want it. Any advice for a cracker like crust from pizza experts out there in egg land? My setup is inverted platesetter, grid, perforated pizza pan on grid. Dome temp 475.
Thanks,
Clay

Comments

• wingfoot
    wingfoot Posts: 95
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]My wife made pizza dough with beer the last time we had pizza. Man, was it good. I'll get the recipe and post it here. [p]Mike
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Clay Q,
    You could add in a pizza stone to cook the pizza on. That will aid tremendously in getting a crispier crust.

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]Definitely use a stone. Put the stone on, get the Egg up to 550 [not higher], and leave it there for a half hour before slapping the dough onto the stone and closing the lid. Five minutes later, it's done, just like a wood fired pizza oven. And you can do several pizzas in a row with this method.