Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pre fired pizza dough

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited 3:44PM in EggHead Forum
I gave the pizza dough a quick bake before I laid on the toppings to get a crisper crust. Seemed to work. Definitely crunchy. The dough was made without oil to encouage a cracker like crust. I'm making my own dough from scratch. Still needs some tweeking to get where I want it. Any advice for a cracker like crust from pizza experts out there in egg land? My setup is inverted platesetter, grid, perforated pizza pan on grid. Dome temp 475.
Thanks,
Clay

·

Comments

• wingfootwingfoot Posts: 95
    Clay Q,[p]My wife made pizza dough with beer the last time we had pizza. Man, was it good. I'll get the recipe and post it here. [p]Mike
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Clay Q,
    You could add in a pizza stone to cook the pizza on. That will aid tremendously in getting a crispier crust.

·
  • Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    Clay Q,[p]Definitely use a stone. Put the stone on, get the Egg up to 550 [not higher], and leave it there for a half hour before slapping the dough onto the stone and closing the lid. Five minutes later, it's done, just like a wood fired pizza oven. And you can do several pizzas in a row with this method.

·