Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Newbie starting Grill with plate setter

I am a neophite to the egg. In fact, my new XL is being delivered tomorrow. I have a question about starting this puppy. How soon do I put the plate setter/ indirect pizza stone on after I light the charcoal? I have seen some videos where flames are quite high once it gets going. Do I put it on right after ignition then close the lid? Do I let a good roaring fire start first then put in on the flames? Do I get my coal burning, close the dome to get it to temp, the open it a put the indirect heat plate on? The latter seems the safest but I am worried about a cold stone cracking from the hot fire. Sorry this question is so rudimentary but I don't want to burn myself or break my pizza stone/woo combo from the CGS. Michael

Comments