Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bigguy's Christmas Day Cook

bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,011
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum

I haven't posted a cook in some time so I thought I beter start. I had Christmas on Saturday with my family so BGE and myself spent Christmas day together. I started with a maple bourbon ham. As that was going on my egg, I made 4 loaves of french bread (sorry I did this in my oven). When the ham was done, I put on two geese and some venison. After that, I put on my first ever thin crust pizza. What a day and many left-overs.

Started with the ham

5 hours later at 250°

During the ham cooking, I put some french bread. I used the standard kitchenaid recipe

After the ham, I put on some venison and goose breasts

Here is the goosecooked to 165°

Here is the venison cooked to 135°

And the pizza using Zippy's cold dough recipe

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,265
    Lookz good.  Post moar!

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,967
    Looks great!  Nice cooks right there!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,424
    Very nice lookin' cooks, bigguy! 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Wow! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • nemonemo Posts: 105
    Had goose for Christmas...the breasts you made looked great, think I'll try them instead of a whole goose. Where did you get the breasts?  Oh, what is your pizza plate resting on?  Thanks..
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,011
    Had goose for Christmas...the breasts you made looked great, think I'll try them instead of a whole goose. Where did you get the breasts?  Oh, what is your pizza plate resting on?  Thanks..
    I got the goose from a co-worker. There was a great (non-gamie) flavor. The next day after a nuke job, they got a little tough. I used my plate setter and the Ø.250 rods from my adjustable rig as spacers.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·