Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Roast

Options
Was thinking of doing at 225 for a few hrs... 3lbs is that a bad idea as it is so lean?
If not...any idea how long it would take to cook?

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Tenderloin is not all that big in cross section, a square one (long as it is thick) will cook in the same time as one that is the same thickness and 2 or 3 times longer. I'm thinking you might want 2 hours (probably less) to get it to 125 internal at 225 grid. Use a paste rub (dry=EVOO). Pull it 120 internal, heat egg to 500 lower grid, quick sear <1 min/side. 

Other than rub, I have used a bacon wrap (like a fatty) - trouble is the meat is overdone before the bacon cooks. Lay a slice or two of bacon on top and it will drip over the roast. discard the bacon later. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Cookinupnorth
    Options
    Cheers..making tmmrw...I wrap in prosciutto ...crispy when beef ready