Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Houston, we have a problem. Egg stuck shut.

So a few days ago I did a clean burn after I cooked a meal. I had it wide open (top and bottom) right after the cook and I forgot about it for a little over an hour. When I went outside, the thermometer was pinned at it max. I just closed the top and bottom up and never opened it. We did have a snow and cold temps here foe a few days. Today I went out to the egg and it is stuck closed. Did I melt the gasket together or is it just frozen. It was only down to 12degrees at night but the days waked up to 40 degrees. So what is the issue? How do I get it open. Thanks all, as always!
When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
·

Comments

• EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Sounds like the gasket has fused. Some have said to get some lump in through the lower damper, light it and let the warmth loosen the glue. Not sure if that works as I haven't had mine seal up like that.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    Get a putty knife in there lift and pry it can be tight
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,703
    Try the EggRacer approach-all you want to do is get some expansion and you should be good to go.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Welcome to the club.  Been cooking on multiple Eggs without gaskets for a long time.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    I had that happen to me once, I put a heat gun/hair dryer in the top for a few mins.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • DO NOT TRY TO PRY IT OPEN!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,591

Welcome to the club.  Been cooking on multiple Eggs without gaskets for a long time.

Just tired of changing them?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Mine sticks a lot and I'm in SC. I only have gasket on bottom.
    Boom
    ·