Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Quick Ham Help

I have a 6.5lb semi-boneless cooked Ham. Need to keep it simple, any advice for a quick BGE cook? Indirect/Direct, temp?, time. Thanks much.

Comments

• Search egrets ham.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Search mickeys naked ham just smoke
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2012
    NAKED HAM / SMOKE ONLY

Let me start that for the past 6 years i have only cooked Egerts Ham (this is an outstanding ham Egged on the BGE).
    A short while ago went looking for (did not know this at the time) a naked ham / smoke only. Thank you Wayne (Thirdeye)for the hand holding. Also thanks to Richard and Gary (Village Idiot)and Kent and Chubby for all the emails and calls on other ways to do a ham w/o the burbon, maple syrup, brown sugar, no anything. Guys this was outstanding ham. It tasted like ham. It was a 7 lb Cooks ham (shank) and NOTHING was put on it (Nothing). Just smoke: both lots of pecan and cherry chunks. Cooked at 300 till 145/155. I did score the ham deep. Cooked indirect.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2012

This is the one I did at the Plano Fest in about 3 hours or a little less.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I put the ham in a pan in apple juice, Rub with the same rub that I put on a butt, pour honey over it, and put it on at 250 degrees indirect with the plate setter on legs up.  I cut slots in the ham before rubbing it and putting the honey on to allow it to cover more surface area.  I use apple wood for smoke.

Easy as it gets
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Thank you all very much. Love this Forum!
  • Have only done egrets ham and only once at that but it was great. The crowd raved about it. Was a 9 pounder and took about 4 hrs to get to 140* internal - indirect 250 dome.