Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Auber Temp Control

Options
Anybody have one? Right now mine's reading grate temp about 100F higher than what the BGE temp gauge is reading ( 320F vs. 220F). I calibrated it to ice water, had to bias it -7F. Then it reads about 2F warmer at ambient than yard thermometer (88F vs. 86F).

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Getting it dialed in. The BGE dome sensor is reading 50 F lower at the dome hole than at the daisy wheel. Controller checks out with thermapen. Got four butts on, so that may have some influence.
  • fairchase
    fairchase Posts: 312
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have 1 and I really like it for over nighters.  It does over shoot the target temperature by about 20 deg. initally , but then it will hold + or - 2 degrees.

I checked mine in boiling water and it was spot on. I wasn't interested in 32 degrees.

I go with the temperature reading of my Auber at grate level. Forget the mickey mouse dome thermometer.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Controller matched thermapen in hot water (180F). Moved BGE temp probe to daisy wheel and moved controller T/C to tie wrap on pork butts and both reading same now. Set up seems to be working ok as long as I don't open the dome.