Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Onion Burgers ... how to make them

FatDog
FatDog Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen the pix and need to cook ... what is the recipe/method/technique for doing the onion burgers? They look good. I have hamburger and onions ... should I just invoke logic here? Too bad the friends we are having over tonight will have to put up with pizza on the egg.[p]Doc

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    FatDog,
    The onion burger. I take 1/3 lb of 85% lean ground beef. About 1/4 inch slice of vadilia onion. Place a nice size pat of butter on the onion with a good rub. Raging River is my favorite. I have done both indirect and direct. I prefer direct since you cook onion side up for a long period of time. Then get that fire going hot and turn to get the onion done.[p]The start
    vdburger1.jpg[p]The Middle
    vdburger2.jpg[p]Dinner time
    vdburger3.jpg
    About 350.
    HTH[p]Mike

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    I'm cooking a couple of chicken breast half's and reading the 'Hamburgers & Fries - An American Story' book when beginning on page 24 is a history of the onion burger (at least in the El Reno Oklahoma area) which the book dates back to about 1938. [p]Sort of an interesting book but not one I would recommend as a top notch foodie read.[p]Toy Man