Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The egg has ruined my life

Fearless Flatlander
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last summer I was happy, no friends, no place to go, no invitations to dodge. Just sitting on the back poarch watching the grass grow in the field. Occasionally I would burn some chicken wings or try to keep burgers out of the fire on my Lodge cast iron hibachi. Life was good. Was I satisfied?... No, I had to go on the internet and find out about the BGE. So I bought a large. I started sitting on the back poarch and eating some really great buggers. Ate a chicken or two, did a T-Rex steak. Was I satisfied?...... NOOO, I had to think about pulled pork. Cooked one, ate it. Was I satisfied?........ NOOOO! I had to get a BBQ Guru. I cooked and ate a couple more butts and then I tried a brisquet. Was I satisfied?........... NOOOOOO. I had to bring some pulled pork to a company picnick. [p]Wow I got an invitation to a party a couple of weeks later. [p]"Oh and by the way could you bring some to the pulled pork with you?" [p]"Sure no problem." [p]The following week another invite to another party. [p]"I talked to you at the last party we were at together (Except for the office picnick is was the first party I had been to in a long time) you said somenting about brisquet, could you bring some of that with you?" [p]"Sure, no problem."[p]I just got off the phone with a person who I have never met, but they were at the last party I was at and they got my number from a friend (didn't think I had any) and I seemed like such a funny guy who got along with people so well and the wife was thinking that I would get along with their group and wouldn't it be nice to invite me to their party especially seeing as I only lived 30 miles away. [p]"Oh and honey see if he can bring some of the meat thingie that was at the last party."[p]Thanks Egg now I have to change my phone number, put on a disguise and move. How'd that grass get so tall? All for now. I don't have to worry about calls from you guys because you all have your own eggs. FF

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    vdburger3.jpg
    <p />Fearless Flatlander,
    Funny. My wife takes those calls now. Since it is hard to take Kaleigh anywhere, they invite themselves to our house.
    Her friends call up, hey I'm missing Mike's ribs, what you doing this weekend. Does Mike know how to cook brisket, sure she says, see you this weekend.
    I'm looking for a good appetiser, Mike got any suggestions and can we try them? Sure come on over.
    Thanks to my help I got to work this weekend.[p]Just onion burgers and Incredible corn tonight. Birthday party Sunday at Kaleigh's sisters house. Last time we went there for Christmas, they didn't even bother warming up the spiral sliced ham.[p]Mike

• Fearless Flatlander,[p]LOL
    This is not happening to me. (We already get invited to a lot of parties, just cuz we're so popular <G>) For some reason, our friends are not remotely interested in the egg and altho the friends we cooked the ribs for liked them (they had never made baby back ribs in their life - can you even believe that - we may have to dump them as friends), they were not over-the-top impressed like I would have been had the situation been reversed.[p]I guess I'm okay with that. I prefer to bring the chips and dip rather than something I have to stay up all night cooking![p]Gwen

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Fearless Flatlander,
    Looks like you're doomed....but in good company....I can tell you hate it :o)[p]I'm happy for you.[p]Mike

• MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Fearless Flatlander,
    I love it, I love it! Great new life[p]Howard in Bartow

• Car Wash Mike,
    The burgers look fantastic! Do you ever throw in some minced garlic? Our house rule is there is no such thing as too much garlic, so if you can stand it give it a try. A plain burger will never do again.[p]CarDude