Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza - need foolproof recipe & instructions

Options
I'm going to be doing my first pizza, can someone share a foolproof recipe and instructions? I assume I use the plant setter legs up with pizza stone sitting directly on the plater setter? What dome temperature?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Kempy
    Kempy Posts: 188
    Options

I made my first pizza last night.  My set up was different.  I put the platesetter in legs up, put the grill grate on, set the BGE legs on top of the grate, and then the stone on the BGE legs.  I think this will provide better air circulation around the stone.  Alse be sure to warm up the stone for 30 minutes prior to cooking. 

I cheated and used a papa murphy's pizza.  Cook it at 450 for about 10 minutes.  Then I took it out, increased the dome temp to about 600, removed the paper plate and placed the pizza back on the pizza stone.  It cooked for about another 10 minutes and it was done.  Turn out perfect.

Good luck.

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'll share my setup. Plate setter legs down, then I wad up three foil balls to use as legs for my pizza stone. Put the foil balls on the plate setter and rest the pizza stone on the foil balls. I bake my pizza for about 10-12 min at 600-650 degrees.
    Do not put the pizza stone directly on the plate setter, you need good airflow so you won't burn the bottom crust.