Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daisy wheel & cooking when snowing?

Options
With Dallas' white Christmas, I'm doing a snow cook for the first time. Is there anything I need to do with the daisy wheel (before, during, or after cooking) when using in the snow so that it doesn't get all rusted out?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Nope but you can throw it in the egg when you shut it down to dry it off if you want. Mine is outside 24/7/365 x 8 years and I've never had an issue. I throw it in when it's hot from time to time to clean it but that's about it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Use as normal.  When finished put on the ceramic top and put the DW IN the BGE.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Duganboy has it right-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • goblueintx
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for the quick help. Looking forward to a roasted beet salad and then some beef tenderloin. Not the weather I'd expected, but all part of the great BGE adventures!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Left mine out in the rain the other night and rusted pretty good. Cleaned it with a Brillo pad, re-seasoned with Crisco, in the oven for a couple of ours and its as good as new. I have seen pictures of people putting a coffee can with side holes over the DW in the snow and rain.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA