Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermapen

jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Woooohooooo!!!! Santa brought me the flame emblemed Thermapen for Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas BGE'ers.
·

Comments

• Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 260
    you will absolutely love it----
    ·
  • Congrats! You've got a great thermometer! Many happy hours of grilling lay ahead!
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,523
    Flames and Christmas don't usually go together, but your gift is an exception. What a great gift! No more doubts, temp checks just a few seconds away.
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Just used my new one today, and wow is it fast. Very pleased.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,433
    I love my thermapen too.  Probably my most useful grilling tool. 
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,438
    Got mine...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Now go poke something :D
    ·
  • Check the temp before you cook, practice makes perfect.......

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
    Great comments here, wife thinks I'm nuts cause I'm checking the temp on everything, it worked on the roasted turkey (I know, my brother brought it over so I didn't smoke one, did that for Thanksgiving). He was impressed how fast and accurate it was. Even the mashed potatoes got a quick check......

Love the American flag one and requested that or the one with the flames, figured the darker color would stay cleaner. Happy egging everyone, might need to do a nice brisket for New Years.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,441
    Have the very fast Orange but they just came out with the even faster Green one. Picked it up at the Plano Fest.... It is faster.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jfarleyjfarley Posts: 145
    Just found the same limited edition flame model was delivered today. I'll double your WooooHoooo JBates!
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 588

wife got me the super fast green one - she just happened to be at the BBQ store when the shipment arrived and beat the folks calling in for xmas orders!

I love it... was checking turkey dinner and then left over reheating - amazing how you could see the temp change as it passed through the sweet potato casserole and tonight on burgers.

Love it.

Large BGE

·
    Amazing device this Thermapen.....Love it.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,280
    henapple got one of them made in America models.  Damn, mine's made by the damn red coats!

·
    I believe they're all made in Great Brittain, they just put an American flag on it.
    ·