Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Minute Turkey

Options

Ahh, Christmas Eve....the most busy day of the year for me because I'm the world's biggest procrastinator.  Oh well, there are others out there like me I'm sure.  My wife and I have no kids yet, and we already Christmas shopped for everyone else in the family.  But stupid me waited until today to shop for my wife.  I think I did good though, and I even picked up a last minute turkey for dinner tonight.  It was only $6.67 from Food Lion, so I couldn't pass it up.  It was a small little fella (at most 9.5 lbs, but I didn't pay attention), but hey, it's only me and the wife.  Rubbed it down with some Dizzy Pig Down and Dizzy and set the BGE indirect at approximately 335 deg f dome temp with some Apple and Cherry Woods for smoke.  One of the best things about the BGE is that you can "set it and forget it."  I don't even know how long it took (maybe 2 - 2.5 hoursish?)...  I did some woodworking in the garage for my wife while the Big Green Egg cooked dinner for me.  ;)

Great dinner, and the turkey had just the right amount of smoke.  Can't wait for the leftover sammiches. 

Comments