Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first cook!

Options
Howdy,

Been a lurker here for a while; I got  a new large BGE and adjustable rig and did my first cook on it (sorry, no pics this time) today. Did a basic cook and cooked chicken drumsticks, sausage, and beef fajita skirt steak. Cooked raised direct in the 400-500 F range. Slowly built up the heat,though one time left the dome up a bit too long, and it spiked to 600 but i was able to control it back down. Very efficient with the charcoal (free bag of Ozark Oak from dealer).

Got big time compliments on the chicken and the fact that I didn't smell all sooty-smokey afterwards. i think I'm in love.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Welcome.  Sounds like a great first cook.  We'll look forward to seeing many more.

Options
    That does sound like a good one, congrats. For us we really enjoyed everything we made at first, but we were blown away the first time we made burgers. Give them a go in the near future and you'll quickly remove 'I think' from 'I'm in love'.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome to the land of Oz, your taste buds will now taste in technicolor. 
    Congrats on that first cook all the main food groups, poultry, pork and beef - how to go!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • calracefan
    Options
    Welcome ! Congratulations on your success, many more to come !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO