Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook

Options
Bham_egger
Bham_egger Posts: 196
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had to go to the wife's MeMaw's today so they could make some dressing for me to take to the fire station on Christmas.  Thought I wasn't going to be able to do my first cook on the Egg tonight.  Got home at 6:30 with plenty of time before the rain hit.  Decided to do a real simple Cedar Planked Salmon with Bacon Wrapped Eggsparagus...hahaha!  Did it at about 380 for +/- 20 min.  Turned out delicious.  The best part was, after the wife took the first bite of the Salmon, she said, "Oh yeah!"  Made me feel better about the purchase.  Here's some pics.  Sorry, forgot pics of the finished product, too hungry! 
3.jpg 33.9K
4.jpg 36.4K

Comments

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Sounds like your off to a good start.  Oh just wait, the more you cook the better you get.  If it goes anything like mine, It starts as Oh yeah! and ends with "I'm glad "we" decided to buy an egg." 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Impressive first cook. Welcome, and looking forward to future cooks.
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sounds like your off to a good start.  Oh just wait, the more you cook the better you get.  If it goes anything like mine, It starts as Oh yeah! and ends with "I'm glad "we" decided to buy an egg." 

I see that happening in the near future.

• CeramicChef
    Options
    Well done and congrats! Mine starts with "Oh yeah!" and ends with "Oh Baby, Baby!" Merry Christmas!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Look at that nice clean as a whistle interior - like a new car. 
    My baby has been around the block, but she still satisfies. 

Thanks for sharing
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • calracefan
    Options
    Congratulations on your purchase and your successful first cook. I see your fellow firemen keeping your egg busy . Anything you want to know just keep visiting this site , there is somebody who has tried before . Lots of information and nearly everyone willing to share it, just remember sometimes there is more than one way to accomplish your goal, you just have to pick the one that works for you !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • MissingToof
    Options
    Nice!
    HOTTY TODDY!