Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Asparagus Bombs

edited November -1 in Vegetables
Ingredients
• 2 lg. bunches fresh Asparagus• 3 healthy dose fresh cracked pepper
• 1 lg. red onion , sliced• 1 generous sprinkling of garlic salt
• 2 whole lemons, sliced• &#189 stick butter - cut into fourths
• 2 whole limes, sliced• 1 red sweet pepper - sliced into long strips
• 6 sliced fresh garlic cloves
• 1 small bag (¾) cup of cajun spice powder

InstructionsFirst, spread out a large sheet of aluminum foil aprox. 24 x 16 on your working area. Place all the cleaned and stemmed asparagus on the foil and add all ingredients evenly to asparagus until well covered. Now, splash some red wine (cabernet) on the top of your bomb and wish it well. Take both sides of your foil and bring them together above the asparagus and fold over until you reach the top layer of your asparagus. Fold over the ends of the bomb so as to create a well-sealed bomb.Place your bomb on a smoker grill at 300 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Allow your bomb to steam; away from any open flames. Asparagus should be firm and crunchy to ensure proper presentation. NotesTry to avoid soft, mushy asparagus or your bomb will not explode.Number of Servings: Time to Prepare:
·

Comments

• redsrageredsrage Posts: 14
    I tried grilling asparagas directly on egg in a grilling pan. They were gross. Tasted like poison. I had smoker chips in the egg.  Had to throw them out.  I'll use foil next time!
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    edited July 2012
    i love Asperagas! Thanks!
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 431
    Going to try with my Rib Roast tomorrow for Christmas . Thanks for the suggestion , sound great
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    These sound great. I grow asparagus and am always looking for new ways to cook on the grill.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562

someone take some pics please of the prep / cook / meal.... curious to see it!

hope that wasnt asking too much:)

·