Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much do you love your Egg

Options
Hey y'all, I'm new to this and I already LOVE my Egg...how much do y'all love your Eggs?

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Table, no, I built my baby a house... not a great house, but still a house. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sweet setup! Did you build the roof just for the egg?
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Refered to it a few times as my  patio girlfriend.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Enough that I am on my forth and thinking about another large. Now this is even bigger as only two of us live there. Hay, it's my Harley.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Sweet setup! Did you build the roof just for the egg?
    Yes, used to be a hot tub pad, which is OK in the rain, egging not so much. In the pacific NW it rains a lot - did you happen to see the Seattle/49er game yesterday? Typical November thru March. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Two larges, a small and a mini here.  I sure would like an XL some day but I'm running out of deck space.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I built an outdoor table that would forever...but I keep it in the mancave anyway.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    One of my favorite material possessions. Value wise, probably my favorite possession.
    Boom
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I'm going against the grain here. A month ago, I owned a Large, a Medium, and a Mini.  Over the last year, I realized that I hardly ever use my medium.  I use the Large and Mini a lot.  Meat or stir fry is always done on the Large, and we normally do the veggies on the stove indoors.

So, I sold the Medium and table to a friend of mine for $600.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Caliber40
    Options
    New eggers.....a large......and LOVING it. Have started with the basics of whole chickens and a pork butt. Oh yes...the Pittsburgh rare steaks were great and three London boils were perfect. Have not encountered a bad dish yet.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    I'm going against the grain here. A month ago, I owned a Large, a Medium, and a Mini.  Over the last year, I realized that I hardly ever use my medium.  I use the Large and Mini a lot.  Meat or stir fry is always done on the Large, and we normally do the veggies on the stove indoors.

So, I sold the Medium and table to a friend of mine for $600.
    VI - I don't think that is against the grain, you do what makes sense to you. I still have my 10 year old gasser and would not be without it. It is the greatest storage rack, warming/holding oven and veggie cooker there is. Some veggies do not need smoke, propane is OK. The side burner is great for small stir fries, boiling marinade/sauce and cooking chilli.  
    You wok on your large, I use a turkey burner, because it works for me. Nice touch to your friend, a MBGE and table for $600.