Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

XL vs large...

So I have been saving christmas cash in hopes of buying my first egg. I was planning on buying a large. My buddy has an XL that he got specifically for me to cook on when the family and I are over at his house. Well given that I am a family man I don't have just loads of time to hang out over there and smoke something low and slow so most of the cooks are grilled type items. Tonight he suggested I just take it over to my house since that is more practice.

Now here is the kicker. I was in the market for the large and not the XL. I have read posts in the past about folks having trouble getting the XL dialed in to an accurate temp consistently. I kind of feel that is somewhat true with my experience with it although it could be because we are usually rushed to cook and I don't have time to patiently dial it in.

I feel that most egg owners have a large and I just want to make sure I am rational in my concerns or not.

Comments