Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Is this normal?!

rholtrholt Posts: 351
So I just finished doing two spatched chickens and they turned out mediocre at best. I guess just seasoning on the surfaces of the birds was my first mistake. The skin was crispy at first when taken off the egg but softened quite a bit while resting. I had forked the skin to let the fat drip out. The main thing I found a little off putting was that the texture of the chicken was a little "mushy" I guess you could say. I had a thermo that registered 180 and 160 in thigh and breast respectively so I know they were cooked to temp. I guess the whole experience was kind of a bummer when it was all said and done. Any suggestions for improvement welcome.

Oh, cooked indirect at 370-390 for a little over an hour. On an XL if it matters.

Comments