Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATB's in the off season!

Options
After brushing a few inches of snow of old faithful I threw on some ATB's. I don't have a pepper rack so I got a little creative. I used the rack from my roaster pan. I strung the peppers together with skewers and set them in the roaster rack. It worked great and I figure I could fit around 40. The peppers were delicious but a few of them really had some bite to them!

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Options
    Those look great, congrats. Very creative with the rack/skewers. Did you have any trouble with the peppers splitting when you skewered them? Also, I've been wrapping my ABTs the other way (stem to point to stem) and once strip seems about right. Do you have any trouble getting the bacon to crisp up when wrapped this way?

Thanks for the great pics.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Deviledegger
    Options
    Most of them crisped up well. I cooked them about 300 for 1 1/4 hour. No problems with splitting on the skewers either. It made it real convienant to remove and put on display. I do wish I cooked them a bit more. Maybe 20 minutes longer
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    ATBs, good anytime. Very creative use of the rack, must try this foe mozza stuffed peppers. 

For ATBs, I split my peppers lengthwise, cream cheese, chorizo sausage and strip of bacon. I don't use tooth picks, the bacon will stick to itself and "cooks" into place. Using peppers that are straight and between 3" and 4" long makes it easy to wrap. Dust with rub if you like. 
    Indirect 325 for an hour is about right. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!