Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mini's Maiden Voyage.

I got all three Eggs into the act today cooking my daughter's favorite, chicken legs.  This is the maiden voyage for the Mini.  I decided to use three different rubs just because I had some bottles needing to get finished.  I used the leftover poultry magic from Thanksgiving, another rub I made a couple of months ago and finally the leftover Mickey's Coffee Rub.  Sorry Mickey, Wilma likes the flavor profile, but complained her mouth was on fire.  Her tolerence for spicy is very low.  I have to play with it to see if I can get an acceptable version.

Legs just put on the Large (Poultry Magic) & Mini (Mickey's Coffee Rub)

Just on the Small (BBQ Pit Boys Chicken Rub)

Finishing up

Over cooked them some due to distraction because we're trying to get our hovel presentable for Christmas.  Hosting the family Christmas was just dropped in my lap on Friday.  The beer had nothing to do with it!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,478
    edited December 2012
    Nice way to break in the Mini! Chicken was the first cook on my Mini as well.
    Nice family of Eggs you have there!
    Good luck with the X-Mas preparations.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    I want to know where you got that Charles Chips can??
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 342
    I just love the color contrast inside the dome of the old xl and the new mini.
    LBGE + others I hope - Sudbury, Ontario
  • @R2Egg2Q - Yeah, the chicken was a good place to start!  We do a lot of them because our 4 year old can be picky, but for some reason she always eats chicken drumsticks real well.  Thanks for the well wishes!

@Plano_JJ - Wilma's family used to get them when she was a kid. This can, however, came from Cracker Barrel.  We have a couple of them.  I use this one for ashes. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 13,695
    edited December 2012
    The ONLY thing I can see wrong in any picture is that you need a Mini Woo. Nice cook. Did I send you the coffee rub or did you make it? It is not hot at all.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 4,065
    edited December 2012
    Mickey said:
    The ONLY thing I can see wrong in any picture is that you need a Mini Woo. Nice cook

It's in the works!  The mini I bought was never used, but I think it's an older version.  There is no ID number stamped in the dome and it has a small handle.  It does have a 10" SS grid.  Peculiar!

I found the ingredients at my Mom's market.  I made it according to directions.  The only difference I saw was the directions called for "ancho chile powder" and I bought "ancho chile pepper".  I didn't think it was hot.  Maybe a nice little warmth, but not hot.  Wilma however disagrees.