Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Salsa Cruda

Barely fit, but the mini was up to the challenge.  Charred, peeled joined two gloves of garlic in the blender along with mexican oregano, salt and pepper.  No oil just veggies.  Served with diner tonight and will be the star of the huevos rancheros tomorrow morning. (the yukon golds were not added to salsa)

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Looks great, I'm going to try that.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    For us Tennesseans could you walk me through the process...if only for the fact that Texas owes so many Tennesseans...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    For us Tennesseans could you walk me through the process...if only for the fact that Texas owes so many Tennesseans...
    Yes we do!  And seeing is how my great great great great great grandfather was the last messenger sent from the Alamo ....this one is for you:

1 yellow onion cut in half.  
    1 red bell pepper (optional it just needed to be eaten, but sugar in pepper tames the acid in the tomato)
    1 very large tomato or 1 pound of tomatoes variety your choice except don't use the supper sweet ones  (part of the tomato was cooked in the bell pepper...only way it would fit)
    1 poblano
    1-2 cloves of garlic

Roast (450) on egg until peppers are charred and tomato skin begins to peel off.  Remove and place in a dish an cover.  Remove onion when tender and outside peel is charred.  Remove char from onion and toss in with the peppers and the tomato.  
    Peel 2 cloves of garlic and toss that in with the other veggies.  
    After about 15 minutes (to whenever the spirit moves you) remove the charred skin for the peppers and tomato. Discard seeds and veins from the poblano if you want a mild sauce otherwise just remove the stem if it didn't burn off.
    Toss all the above into a blender add salt, pepper and mexican oregano (if you don't have don't use greek/italian oregano...way too strong).  Blend, taste and adjust for seasoning.  

Note:  I am one of the 50% that don't eat cilantro because it taste like soap.  If you like cilantro add it to the mix.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Agree on the cilantro tasting like soap