Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

quick pizza dough

Options
My wife and I bought our new mixer today but didn't have time to shop for special flour. Anything good I can mix in the am for pizza tomorrow night? Thanks. I'm stoked to have a great mixer now.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Zippys cold rise will work.

Condensed written instructions:

1) Combine 1.5 cups of cold water, 3 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of yeast and 1 teaspoon of salt;
    2) Mix with a spoon for a few seconds to eliminate any large pools of water;
    3) Let stand for 20 minutes;
    4) Mix on medium for 20 minutes (it will be very soupy, don’t worry);
    5) Turn off, cover, let stand for another 20 minutes;
    6) Turn mixer back on & add up to 1 additional cup of flour (about 1 tablespoon at a time) allowing it to incorporate. Repeat this until you get the consistency you are looking for (it should be pulling away from the bowl, yet still be sticky enough so that it is a pain in the ass to get out of the bowl);
    7) Remove from bowl, cut into individual pieces (2 for 2-16 inch pies, 3 for 3-12 inch pies, or 4 for 4-12 inch thin-crust pies);
    8) Place in separate oiled plastic containers & cover;
    9) Refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours and up to 4 days;
    10) Remove about 2 hours before you are ready to use;
    11) When removing from the bowl, be patient, it will want to stay in the bowl, this is normal;
    12) On a floured surface, gently shape the dough (due to the higher moisture content, this dough will be harder to work with than more typical dough, so be careful not to tear it – tossing will not likely be possible);
    13) Bake on egg at a minimum of 650 degrees. This dough benefits from higher temps, I’ve tried it at lower temps and the results were not as good. It will take about 6 minutes at this temp.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    It won't be refrigerated for 24 hours but it will still be good.

You can also use this recipe and just use bread flour:

http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Thanks caz but I'll only have about half a day....still good?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Jumped the forum gun....thanks.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Can't make tonight before you go to bed?