Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Favorite winter brew?

13»

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
    henapple said:
    What the $@&? is the imperial system. I remember as a kid the world tried to cram that metric &@$& on us and we pimp slapped them down. Gotta keep your pimp hands strong.
    all you need to know about the imperial system is that an imperial pint of guinness is 20 ounces, an american pint of guinness is a short glass
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
    We actually decided to catch up with the rest of the world and moved over to the metric system in the '70s. You Mericans are one of the few countries left on the planet that has not yet changed over. I think that it was a big conspiracy by our government when we changed so that they could change the prices of gas at will and it didn't seem so bad when it only went up a few cents per liter (25 to 30 cents a gallon seemed a lot worse. Even now we are paying $1.18/L converted to Gallons is $5.36 per minus a couple of cents for an merican gallon cause its smaller. and our dollar is higher as well $1.01 merican. What's this got to do with beer? 
    metric is a magicall system that allows you to put a hundred dollars of gas into a 60 dollar tank
    :))
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,835
    We should probably covert to the metric system but I'm too old to re-learn a tape measure.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Nice thing about the metric system is you can use your fingers for unit conversions - if you still have all 10 of them. :D

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,833
    I'll be having a few of each of these:
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    I like original Coors at the duck camp when it's cold. And you can't beat an ice cold Shiner Bock
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,737
    I like Lagunitas Capuccino Stout or Drakonic by Drakes this time of year.
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 350
    YEMTrey said:

Had a Pappy last night. Thomas Handy tonight.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • Winter Hook or Lagunitas' Brown Shugga.  
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,369
    Sammy Smith's Winter Welcome is really good. 
    U_tarded said:
    Usually the new belgium seasonal is my go to.
    Just tried the New Beligium Snow Day last night and it was d@mn good.  Also like anything from Great Divide. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,187
    edited December 2012
    Had a mixed drink last night at a friend's house. He is a Scotch snob, single malt only, had been given some blended JW Gold. 
    Called the drink a Royal Scottish Blizzard, 3 parts egg nog, 2 parts blended scotch (to use the damn stuff up as he said) and 1 part Drambuie. No cinnamon or nutmeg required. 

Basically a rusty nail with egg nog. Very smooth and sneaks up on you. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Had a mixed drink last night at a friend's house. He is a Scotch snob, single malt only, had been given some blended JW Gold. 
    Called the drink a Royal Scottish Blizzard, 3 parts egg nog, 2 parts blended scotch (to use the damn stuff up as he said) and 1 part Drambuie. No cinnamon or nutmeg required. 

Basically a rusty nail with egg nog. Very smooth and sneaks up on you. 
    This sounds amazing.
    ·
  • GBCGBC Posts: 58
    I suggest trying the variety pack of the Samuel Adams winter beers.
    ·
  • A good friend of mine lives in OH. He sent me a nice package for Christmas consisting of Great Lakes: Christmas Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Nosferatu, and  Doppelrock.

All really nice beers, and I'm looking forward to drinking them all!! Well, I did share one with my wife.

Having a Moose Drool brown ale right now.

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,737
    Winter Hook or Lagunitas' Brown Shugga.  
    I had a Brown Shugga the other day, it was too sweet for my taste, but it was pretty potent.  9.9%
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,518
    edited December 2012
    Single malt mostly, Glenf Solara Reserve 15y and Glenmorangie being favs, also Dewers 18y.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Shiner in every season. No questions asked.
    ·
  • Shiner Holiday

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,952
    YEMTrey s aid:
    Holy Crap! The bourbon county stuff is awesome! I picked up some for my Christmas party today. Wowzah!
    ·
  • Unreal, as a craft ale:
    picked it up at Costco, $25 a 24, will cost me $20 in taxes, but well worth it, great little brewery.

Plus1. Great beers. I just went to their brewery in Portland and sampled them all. I also really like Widmere Bros. Drifter ale, it's awesome.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • What a great brother I have - came home to find this in a FedEx box on the front porch today
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    ·