Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 Prime ribs

All. Purchased a 6# prime rib and was set to go. Now it turns out more people are coming than originally planned and I need a second roast. So, will cooking two prime ribs (6# and 4#) simultaneously change the time required. That is should I guesstimate time to cook individually for each or treat it like 1 10# roast. I'm guessing the former with the 4 pounder finishing 30 mins or so before the 6 but wanted to check with all the experts before I ruin Christmas dinner. Yes, I'll be cooking to temp- just trying to plan on plating time. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• If the 4#er is just as thick as it is wide, and it is close to the same profile as the 6#er, they will finish pretty close to the same time. 30 minutes might be the max difference. In fact, if the 4#er is a thicker roast, it might even finish after the 6#er - weird, eh? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,748
    No eggspert here-but unless they are touching in a big way each will cook as a stand-alone roast.  But each will also cook of it's own free will-so monitor both if you can...and enjoy the journey!
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • StacykStacyk Posts: 19
    Thanks all - good to know
  • StacykStacyk Posts: 19
    You guys were right - finished within a few minutes of each other. Fantastic meal. Merry Christmas.
  • Glad it turned out for you, remember that the egg is often a little hotter at the rear, do if you have a slightly larger roast put it to the back...Merry Christmas.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.