Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Does the Prime Rib at Xmas get more posts than the Turkey at Thanksgiving?

Perhaps it's the near-term saturation but I'm thinking that there are more "Prime Rib" posts now than you see for turkey at Thanksgiving.  A factor may be the $$ invested in the roast far exceed the turkey$$-or have I had too many adult beverages?
Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
Pit Barrel Cooker

Comments

• Fly310Fly310 Posts: 13

"Too many adult beverages"  Thats some funny stuff right there!

Terry

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,647
    Like too much money, or a car too fast... Or so the song says
    Greensboro, NC
  • Us Canucks is cheap, the vast majority have turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, of course we do have 6 weeks longer between the two dates than our American cousins. Ham is also popular for new years. I think standing rib is growing in popularity, there are sure a lot more posts on "prime" rib though.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,194
    Let's see...my turkey cost around $14 and my PR was about $100....nuff said...but, mass quantities of lager will be involved in both.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • yes. It's #1 for Easter and Chritmas. Buckle in

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,308
    I do recall saying something around thanksgiving about all the prime rib posts that were going to be coming right about now.happens every year. I've always ignored them because I've never had to cook one, this year I'm paying attention.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,308
    and no, I think there were more turkey questions.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings