Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mesquite smoked Prime Filet

Tried something new tonight. I cooked 2 Prime Angus Filets as normal...seared for 90 seconds a side (2" think) and then shut the Egg down. But this time I threw a handful of mesquite chips in as I was closing it off and cooking to temp. Some of the best steaks I've made.image
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
image.jpg 1.2M
·

Comments

• Sorry for the double post.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,423
    Looks great...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Good looking plate....filet looks perfect. Mesquite is my favorite flavor to cook with however the better half likes hickory better. So I just give in to keep the peace. 

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 962
    That is one tasty looking meal! Nice plating and nicely done
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,406
    Looks tasty! Great idea.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,550
    edited December 2012
    I'm salivating on my keyboard .  That is one perfect looking plate of grub.  Thanks for the tips on smoke n dwell.  

=P~

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Nice steak. I am cooking fillet tonight. On my parents gasser - the horror.
    ·
  • How long did you keep the steaks in after searing?

Claremont, CA - XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

·
  • tays44tays44 Posts: 93
    that looks great
    - EAT BEEF -
    ·