Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Christmas came early

The wife got me a Global GF-31 boning knife. Maybe not much to some here but its my first real Kitchen knife. And since I do mostly meats and whole veggies I think this will work out great for me. 

·

Comments

• Don't run down your knife, James.  Your wife bought that just for you!  You should see my knives.  Chicago Cutlery.  Pretty crappy!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Thanks Fred I didn't mean to sound like i was running it down... I am totally stoooooked about this knife. Cannot wait to get some ribs and get to work on them with it. Looks like I will have to get me a whetstone for it. (I usually use crock sticks to sharpen with...) 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    That's awesome! I need to get me a good knife. I've heard good things about that global so please let us know how it works out.

I also want to get a Victorinox 12-Inch Granton Edge knife for cutting brisket.
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • Great knife, control the enthusiasm when you use it, hate to hear you did some personal damage. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·