Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hello

Hi guys, I have been lurking here a while and stolen some great info from some of you. My name is Rick, I got a large for Father's Day. My neighbor says it hasn't cooled off since. Just wanted to introduce myself before I chime in.

Rick
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,573
    Welcome aboard. Let's see some pics of your cooks.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Welcome, take, give, share your cooks, techniques and opinions. It is all good. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Hello Rick. Welcome aboard.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Greetings from the big easy

·
  • Welcome dude.  At times, I think that sharing/learning on this board is one of the best parts of the cook.  Look forward to picking up a few tricks from what you've gathered thus far. 
    ·
  • Welcome, Sola ! I look forward to learning some new stuff from you.  Where are you from?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    Welcome..post pics and recipes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,450
    Welcome Rick..

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • welcome aboard!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    From Thibodaux. About an hour south of NOLA. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. Was trying to load an avatar and got interrupted. Couple of sick kids this evening.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    Hola, sola
    ·

Welcome, Sola ! I look forward to learning some new stuff from you.  Where are you from?

Ha, not sure how much I have to teach. A while back I cooked some wings & my wife wanted a steak. Put it on, fire wasn't hot enough so reloaded. I swear I invented the reverse sear!!!! Haven't told her any different.....

·
  • Cant wait to see pics
    Boom
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,469
    Welcome to the cult-and since you are posting you have obviously had the Kool-Aid-quantity and potency TBD!  A great forum.
    Louisville
    ·
  • welcome- glad to have you

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Thibodaux - you know Dave Thompson or (not sure if I'm spelling this right) the Cassins?

·
    Doesn't sound familiar
    ·
  • Welcome Sola!  Make yourself at home!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Howdy Rick!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    Welcome Sola from Tim D in So Cal
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • Welcome Sola. This is a great place to learn. Just ask questions and you'll be thrilled with the response.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Hey sola. You got any more pictures of your outside grilling space?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    I'll take some tomorrow & post them.
    ·
  • thanks man very interested in how you did your roof. looks amazing in that one pic you posted in the pergola thread

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Welcome!!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·