Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Caveman style

Love them straight on the coals
Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
·

Comments

• RACRAC Posts: 1,355
    I think I know you..

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Me too!
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    ·
  • You do RAC. Got my High Q in today! Those steaks were from a few days ago. Doing maple salmon now.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
    ·
  • Me too Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Boom
    ·
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Why right on the coals?

You really need it so crazy hot 2-3 inches off the coals is not good enough? I guess I just fail to see the point?
    ·
  • Adamd said:
    Why right on the coals?

You really need it so crazy hot 2-3 inches off the coals is not good enough? I guess I just fail to see the point?

bc it's caveman style and they didn't have grates
    Boom
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,022
    Adamd said:
    Why right on the coals?

tastes good is the point.

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,263
    Adamd said:

Why right on the coals?

Also it kills the oxygen at the point of contact so no flames. And it's your sweet primal side coming out.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Also in Adam perry langs book charred and scruffed he has a whole section on it.
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,643
    Yeah and caveman style rocks!  I can't stop listening to it

Oh, sorry, that was gangnam style.  (credit for the picture goes to nola)

That video broke a billion (1.0 x 10E+9) views today.  At $2 per 1000 hits, it made the band 2 million bucks.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Is there anyone in it except the redhead?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,022
    Micky, its a whole freak show of girls, fat guys, geeks, all riding horses.

Here it is.  Look at the view count.  Set a record. 

·
  • I think I'm in love.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·