Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hello

Hi guys, I have been lurking here a while and stolen some great info from some of you. My name is Rick, I got a large for Father's Day. My neighbor says it hasn't cooled off since. Just wanted to introduce myself before I chime in.

Rick
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,518
    Welcome aboard. Let's see some pics of your cooks.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Welcome, take, give, share your cooks, techniques and opinions. It is all good. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Hello Rick. Welcome aboard.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    Greetings from the big easy

·
  • Welcome dude.  At times, I think that sharing/learning on this board is one of the best parts of the cook.  Look forward to picking up a few tricks from what you've gathered thus far. 
    ·
  • Welcome, Sola ! I look forward to learning some new stuff from you.  Where are you from?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Welcome..post pics and recipes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    Welcome Rick..

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • welcome aboard!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    From Thibodaux. About an hour south of NOLA. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. Was trying to load an avatar and got interrupted. Couple of sick kids this evening.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,475
    Hola, sola
    ·

Welcome, Sola ! I look forward to learning some new stuff from you.  Where are you from?

Ha, not sure how much I have to teach. A while back I cooked some wings & my wife wanted a steak. Put it on, fire wasn't hot enough so reloaded. I swear I invented the reverse sear!!!! Haven't told her any different.....

·
  • Cant wait to see pics
    Boom
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,914
    Welcome to the cult-and since you are posting you have obviously had the Kool-Aid-quantity and potency TBD!  A great forum.
    Louisville
    ·
  • welcome- glad to have you

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    Thibodaux - you know Dave Thompson or (not sure if I'm spelling this right) the Cassins?

·
    Doesn't sound familiar
    ·
  • Welcome Sola!  Make yourself at home!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Howdy Rick!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 758
    Welcome Sola from Tim D in So Cal
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • Welcome Sola. This is a great place to learn. Just ask questions and you'll be thrilled with the response.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Hey sola. You got any more pictures of your outside grilling space?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    I'll take some tomorrow & post them.
    ·
  • thanks man very interested in how you did your roof. looks amazing in that one pic you posted in the pergola thread

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Welcome!!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·