Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hello

Hi guys, I have been lurking here a while and stolen some great info from some of you. My name is Rick, I got a large for Father's Day. My neighbor says it hasn't cooled off since. Just wanted to introduce myself before I chime in.

Rick

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,741
    Welcome aboard. Let's see some pics of your cooks.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Welcome, take, give, share your cooks, techniques and opinions. It is all good. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Hello Rick. Welcome aboard.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,921
    Greetings from the big easy

• Welcome dude.  At times, I think that sharing/learning on this board is one of the best parts of the cook.  Look forward to picking up a few tricks from what you've gathered thus far. 
  • Welcome, Sola ! I look forward to learning some new stuff from you.  Where are you from?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,169
    Welcome..post pics and recipes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,607
    Welcome Rick..

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• welcome aboard!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• solasola Posts: 118
    From Thibodaux. About an hour south of NOLA. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. Was trying to load an avatar and got interrupted. Couple of sick kids this evening.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,075
    Hola, sola

Welcome, Sola ! I look forward to learning some new stuff from you.  Where are you from?

Ha, not sure how much I have to teach. A while back I cooked some wings & my wife wanted a steak. Put it on, fire wasn't hot enough so reloaded. I swear I invented the reverse sear!!!! Haven't told her any different.....

• Cant wait to see pics
    Boom
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,195
    Welcome to the cult-and since you are posting you have obviously had the Kool-Aid-quantity and potency TBD!  A great forum.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
  • welcome- glad to have you

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,921
    Thibodaux - you know Dave Thompson or (not sure if I'm spelling this right) the Cassins?

Doesn't sound familiar
  • Welcome Sola!  Make yourself at home!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Howdy Rick!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 829
    Welcome Sola from Tim D in So Cal
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Welcome Sola. This is a great place to learn. Just ask questions and you'll be thrilled with the response.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Hey sola. You got any more pictures of your outside grilling space?

XLBGE 
    I'll take some tomorrow & post them.
  • thanks man very interested in how you did your roof. looks amazing in that one pic you posted in the pergola thread

XLBGE 
  • Welcome!!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE