Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Standing Rib Roast. MEGAPIXELS of pictures. (you're warned - no mobile devices without unlimited)

nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 9,002
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
So simple, even a cave man can do it.   I see a lot of people planning on cooking them for the holidays.  Nothing you do is wrong if you like the result.  I cooked hundreds of these things when I was in high school and college working in a restaurant.  Of course I was cooking full primal prime beef.  Tonight I'm throwing on some lowly select.

In a nut shell, I fired up the egg to 225F.  250F is fine too.  Let that warm up.  No smoke wood.  The meat is the feature of this dish.

While it's warming up, I pull the roast out of the fridge.  I don't bother warming it up. The butcher cut off the ribs and tied them back on.  Eggcellent.

I put salt and pepper on the outside, and between the tied-on ribs and meat.  No oil, no other herbs or spices.  Less is more.

Get good smoke, throw it on the egg - went on about 15 minutes ago (5PM CST), now I'm letting it cook to 120-125, haven't decided yet.

I'll post follow up pics as I go.

imageimageimageimageimage

Comments