Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gifting a small BGE.

I happened to find a used small bge and was going to give it to my dad for Christmas. I own a Xl and I'm wondering if there's anything I need to know about it. Good-bad. Any thoughts? Thanks
·

Comments

• If it doesn't have a High-Que grate, you may want to get one.  I bought a small this summer and it didn't burn lump as well as I thought it should until I bought a High-Que grate.  Now it sizzles!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,421
    Plus one on High Que
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  •  Nice gift, I am sure he will love it.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    You can send it my way and I'll check it out by putting it through its paces. I'll even dispose of it if it doesn't work. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Jrod72Jrod72 Posts: 67
    I'll use the recommendations, except the putting it through the paces thing! Thanks guys.
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 252
    Does the daisy wheel fit on a small like the large and come all the way down without the metal sides of the wheel hitting the ceramic lid and not bottoming out??  also does the thermometer have a clip on the backside of it that is put on inside the lid to hold it in place??

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • Jrod72Jrod72 Posts: 67
    The daisy wheel doesn't bottom out or rest on the lid and the therm. has the clip to hold it in place.
    ·